Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Funny conversation

Tom has the day off on Tuesdays, so when I am swamped with paperwork I tend to go to the office and leave him with the kids and a list of schoolwork to accomplish before they are able to play video games with daddy. :-)

Today, I was getting ready to leave and overheard a conversation. Tom was saying something about how he played video games all the time as a child and somehow, he was telling Heather that she was getting older and would be allowed to watch more things and understand and converse about things better soon (yipes!). Anyway, they then talked about how now that daddy is grown, he works a lot and doesn't get to play all the time... and that would be the case when they are grown also... schoolwork is a practice time for adult work, and work comes before play (I think was the gist of it).

Tom says: "Mommy works A LOT" - (brownie points there :-)
Heather says "Yeah, and when I grow up I will have lots of work too... like dirty diapers, messy pants, naughty children... (sigh)"

Then they all piped in with the various chores that they think they will have as grownups, it got downright funny! :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather, I know that you'll be a good wife and mother and work hard like your mom. All that work means God has blessed you with a family. Love, Mrs. Sattler