Thursday, April 13, 2006

I did it all by myself!


I sewed my pink bear Josephina a orange dress with flowers on it. First mommy taught me how to cut out a pattern, then I stitched the front and back together inside out! Then I sewed the sleeves together inside out. Then I turned the sleeves to the right side and stitched the sleeve on around the armhole. When I turned the dress right side out I was surprised that I didn't see any of the stitches, they were all on the inside of the dress. I loved it! I didn't like it when I saw the stitches on my other projects, now I know how to make them not show. Mommy also taught me how to backstitch so that it all holds together better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so COOL Heather. You are a seamstress now. I am so proud & excited for you cause you are at the beginning of a whole new world of so many opportunities. When you sew you are not only able to make clothing but also things for your home like pillows, curtains & some people even sew rugs together. Keep up the gifting that GOD has blessed you with, kiddo. You will be surprised at how much you can make!
I love you!!!