


Heather's costume for the play. The large blouse has elastic in the neck and sleeves. The vest took a good bit of customizing since it was a woman's pattern and too large in the bust and too small in the waist so we added a panel on each side and it fits pretty well. It has grommets on the front and ribbon criss-crossed through them. The underskirt was very easy, bought some of the ready-made material at Wal-Mart that had lace panels and was already hemmed with elastic at the top - simply had to sew one seam! The top skirt is just two panels with a split in the front. It also has grommets in the waistband and ribbon through and tied in front. We need to add a snap or hook and eye to make the waist more secure.
I love my dress! Sometimes I imagine that I trip and fall during my play because it is so long. But it won't really happen - I hope! It's a very pretty dress. I am so excited for my play!
2 comments:
You look so sweet in your play dress. Your mommy did a great job. I am sure that you will not trip during the play. Can't wait to see you in it. I love you, MarMar
Heather,
What a great outfit! You look so pretty! I'm looking forward to hearing how your play goes, and see the pictures. Uncle Dave and I wish we could be there to see it.
Love,
Kerry
Post a Comment